Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Woe Is Me" or "Forget It And Move On"?

I used to box (only as a hobby). I was not that good but had pretty quick hands. One day at the gym I was in the ring with a much bigger and slower opponent. In the first and second round I pummeled him with a barrage of quick punches. In the third and final round the big, slow behemoth landed his first and only punch of the fight. Of course it landed square on my chin and it was a round house, bone crushing, knock you out kind of punch. Down I went and down I wanted to stay. However, I did muster up enough strength to get up and finish out the round.

Life can, will and does beat us down. Whether it's a beat down from relationships, finances, work, ministry or even sports, sooner or later we will experience first hand "moment of truth" challenges in our lives.

There is a great message in II-Corinthians 4:8-10 that addresses these type of challenges.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body."

We all experience the bad things that life brings our way. We can choose to let it drag us down or we can choose through His strength to get up, dust ourselves off, learn from it and move forward. It's our choice, our decision to have a "woe is me" mentality or a "forget it and move on" mentality.

Disrupt your life today by choosing Jesus and allowing His mighty power to lead you through your life experiences.

No comments: